Global Knives - Global G9 Bread Knife
The Global bread knife will quickly and easily cut through
crusty loaves of bread or soft bread rolls. Razor sharp edges
and a comfortable handle combine to make a very popular knife.
This is just one knife from a large range of global knives.
Global knives were first made in Japan in 1985. The designer
Komin Yamadi was asked to produce a range of new knives in
a modern design. These new Global knives were to be revolutionary
in design and to be manufactured from the best materials.
The range of Global knives is now very large and has won numerous
- Like all bread knives, the Global G9 bread knife has a
serrated edge. This is perfect for slicing through crusty
loaves of bread or soft bread rolls.
- Knives with serrated edges, like the Global bread knife,
should not be sharpened.
- The stainless steel handles on Global knives have been
shaped for comfort and have dimples for extra grip.
- Global knives have extra sharp knife blades - made from
Cromova 18 stainless steel - which has been ice hardened
to Rockwell 56-58.
- Easy to clean - there are no dirt traps on these knives.
- Global knives are favoured by many professional chefs
worlwide and have won many awards since their introduction
Global knives are made from Cromova 18 Stainless Steel.
- ADVICE - We recommend that you hand wash Global knives
in warm water with a mild detergent. This is best done immediately
after use and before any foodstuffs have had a chance to
dry on to the blade. Dry immeditaely.
- ADVICE - All Global knives (except those with a serrated
edge) should be sharpened regularly for optimum performance.
Ideally this should be done every time you use your knife.
- ADVICE - Do not chop on to bones or open tins with your
Global knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell 56
The hollow handles in the GS series of Global knives are
weighted to give better balance. The blades of Global GS knives
are made from continuously folded and hammered steel. This
method of knife manufacture is traditional in Japan (for samurai
swords) and in the middle east , where it is referred to as
The knives in the the Global GF series are all fully forged,
in the traditional European manner. They are more weighty
and stiffer than the same knife in the GS series of Global
All edges and joins have been machined to eliminate food
- trap recesses.
Global bread knife should be washed by hand - it is NOT dishwasher
The Global Bread Knife - G9 - is 22 cm long.